- Our Season
- Box Office
- Our Theater
- QP News
- Contact Us
55 Hopkins Street, Reading, MA 01867-3917
Box Office: (781) 942-2212
Quality Community Theater on Boston's North Shore
Calling All Playwrights!
Quannapowitt Players is seeking one-act play submissions from New England playwrights for their New Works Playwright Festival Suburban Holidays II, scheduled for December 2013. Submissions must be received by July 31, 2013
Have you seen The Nutcracker too many times? Can you recite the speeches by every ghost in A Christmas Carol by heart? It’s time for some new holiday traditions! Suburban Holidays II explores the theme of the holiday season in whatever form that means for the playwright, in a town “very much like Reading, Massachusetts.” As this festival is being produced in December, a preference for date-appropriate holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, etc.). We’re looking for unique perspectives on what a holiday-themed play can be, as an alternative to A Christmas Carol and other traditional holiday shows.
* Plays will be fully produced, with a full set, costumes, props, sound cues and rep lighting. The set will consist of two-three interior room spaces (such as a living room, dining room, kitchen, etc.).
* One-act plays of any length will be considered and there are no restrictions on cast size.
* Original musicals will also be considered with musical accompaniment restricted to a keyboardist.
* Playwrights may submit up to three plays. If more than three are sent, then none will be considered.
* Preference is given to playwrights from Massachusetts, though any New England playwright (MA, CT, NH, ME, VT) may submit. If you are not a resident of New England, your play will not be considered for this festival.
* Plays must be submitted electronically in MS Word or PDF format, written in standard play format
* Plays must be the original works of the playwrights and unpublished at the time of production. Preference is given to unproduced works, but works with limited production runs will be considered.
* Playwrights whose pieces are chosen will be notified via email and selections will also be posted on the Quannapowitt Players website.
* Send plays to the Festival Producer/Director, Patrick Cleary at email@example.com. Paper copies of plays will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about this festival or the guideline submissions, please contact Patrick Cleary and include the subject line Suburban Holidays.
Quannapowitt Players Celebrates it’s 81st Season!